Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sara Evans No Place That Far Country Music CD Review

I wish it weren't the case but, it's not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can't force myself to get through. Not at all the case with No Place That Far. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

One of the refreshingly nice things about this CD is the way all of the participating artists seem to be really enjoying themselves. Combine that with the overall presentation and you've got one of Sara Evans's most impressive releases ever.

If you're even mildly into Country music you'll enjoy this CD. Overall No Place That Far is an a great release. I give it my double thumbs up. You will not be disappointed with one single track.


While this entire CD is outstanding the truly standout tunes are track 1 - The Great Unknown, track 7 - The Knot Comes Untied, and track 11 - There's Only One.

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 4 - I Thought I'd See Your Face. Good stuff!

No Place That Far Release Notes:

Sara Evans originally released No Place That Far on October 27, 1998 on the RCA Nashville label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. The Great Unknown

2. Cryin' Game

3. No Place That Far - (with Vince Gill)

4. I Thought I'd See Your Face

5. Fool, I'm A Woman

6. Time Won't Tell

7. The Knot Comes Untied

8. Love, Don't Be A Stranger

9. These Days

10. Cupid - (with George Jones)

11. There's Only One

Personnel: Sara Evans, Vince Gill, George Jones (vocals); B. James Lowry (acoustic & gut string guitars); Jim Hurst (acoustic guitar, background vocals); Larry Byrom (acoustic guitar); J.T. Corenflos (electric 6- & 12-string guitars); Billy Sanford (electric guitar); Sonny Garrish (dobro, steel guitar); Larry Franklin (fiddle, mandolin); Chris Carmichael (fiddle); John Hobbs (piano, Hammond B-3 organ, synthesizer); Randy McCormick (synthesizer); Larry Paxton (4- & 6-string basses); Eddie Bayers (drums, tambourine); Lonnie Wilson (drums); Terry McMillan (percussion); Martina McBride, Alison Krauss, Jamie O'Hara, Larry Marrs, Curtis Young, Liana Manis, Dennis Wilson, Lesley Lyons, Ashley Evans, Dan Tyminski (background vocals).

0 comments:

Post a Comment